I give this principal credit for caring about their community.
A public high school principal on Oahu has reportedly banned lei giving at any time before or after the 2022 graduation ceremony.
This has resulted in a careless petition asking the school’s principal to reconsider his decision. I have a few questions for the people who supports this petition:
- Can you give a lei without taking off your mask?
- Can you give a lei without kissing the person?
- Are you responsible enough to skip the ceremony if you're sick?
- Are you aware that even a mild case of COVID-19 can shrink your brain the same as aging 10 years?
I have a feeling the people who signed this petition would answer "no" to all of these questions.
- Nicholas Gordon. "Even a mild case of COVID can shrink your brain the same as aging 10 years, study shows." Fortune.com. March 8, 2022. Retrieved April 21, 2022.