Events from March 28 to May 23, 2014.
The Hawaii State Civil Defense announced today this years Tsunami Awareness Month schedule. Here's a complete rundown of those events:
March 28, 2014
- Tsunami Awareness Month Kickoff: Honolulu Hale, 10 a.m.: Mayor Kirk Caldwell and others will present tsunami awareness month proclamation, poster contest winner. Contact John Cummings at the City and County of Honolulu Department of Emergency Management for more information, (808)723-8960.
April 1, 2014
Shinmachi Memorial Dedication and State TAM Kickoff: Shinmachi Memorial, Downtown Hilo, 11:00 – 11:45 a.m. (travel available upon coordination): Mayor Billy Kenoi to present tsunami awareness month proclamation and honor the Pacific Tsunami Museum in their efforts to revitalize the Shinmachi Memorial. Contact Shelly Kunishige, State Civil Defense, (808) 733-4300.
Talk Story with Mayor Bernard Carvalho: Kauai Mayor’s show to focus on updated tsunami evacuation zones and the tsunami evacuation route and signage project.
Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam Tsunami “Marathon:” Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, Start time at 11:45: Joint Base staff and families will gather to raise awareness and walk the tsunami evacuation route on base. Contact Larry Sabatine, JBPHH Emergency Management Office, for more information.
April 4, 2014
Hilo First Friday: Pacific Tsunami Museum will open its doors in downtown Hilo at a reduced rate to share exhibits focusing on tsunami history and science.
April 6, 2014
- Pacific Tsunami Museum Talk Story Festival
April 11, 2014
- Hickam Earth Day at Air Force Exchange: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
April 12 (19), 2014
- Tsunami Awareness Fair in Hilo: Wailoa River State Recreation Area, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. coordinated by Hawaii County Civil Defense.
April 18, 2014
Joint Base Earth Day Fair at Navy Exchange (NEX) Molokai Earth Day: National Weather Service to distribute tsunami related information at Molokai Earth Day Festival.
April 23-26, 2014
- Merrie Monarch Craft Fair: Pacific Tsunami Museum to host a booth at the Merrie Monarch Craft Fair.
May 23, 2014
- Tsunami Awareness Month Closing at Hilo Clock
Please check with the Hawaii State Civil Defense for revisions to that schedule.
- SCD.Hawaii.gov | Events | Retrieved March 22, 2014